Know Your Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you have questions for the Mayor and Council member candidates?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Do you have questions for the Mayor and Council member candidates? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have questions for the Mayor and Council member candidates?   Do you have questions for the Mayor and Council member candidates? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:40 pm

If anyone has any questions please post them here. I will forward a reasonable number of them to the candidates and post their answers here. I will even set it so guests can post questions here, but it would be better to use your names so we can get the candidates to reply.

Last edited by JerrettP on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://knowyourcommunity.forumotion.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: the Nanny state   Do you have questions for the Mayor and Council member candidates? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:13 pm

candidates,

We received a notice in the mail asking us to pave our driveway, the reasons given were our vehicles track dirt on the road and disrupt bicyclists and rollerbladers. Our driveway is about 200 ft long and we have no interest in paving paradise and putting up a parking lot.

So do you support the idea of requiring all residents to pave their driveways? and if you do, will you at minimum support making an exemption and Grandfather in current residents?

Jerrett
Back to top Go down
Colin Mc

PostSubject: Answer from candidate, Colin McGlone   Do you have questions for the Mayor and Council member candidates? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 9:28 pm

Thank you for your question, Jerrett. I am a strong supporter of "property rights." The city owns approximately 15 feet from the edge of the road on most streets (the easement) and has the right to pave it. You should have the right to NOT PAVE your private property. If they want pavement - let them pave their property and leave your "paradise" alone. This would provide a buffer between your driveway and the road, and reduce or eliminate the "problem." I might be against having the city put in such pavement if there is a greater need for and a better way to use tax payers' dollars.

Colin McGlone
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you have questions for the Mayor and Council member candidates?   Do you have questions for the Mayor and Council member candidates? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:48 am

Thanks for the response Colin!

and great answer, I dont think anyone would complain about the 15ft easment.

In talking with Bob Ramsey, I got that he feels the same way and this issue would be put to rest. Keith Kiefer also agrees.

Any other Candidates have a response to this question?
Back to top Go down
Melody

PostSubject: LWV Forum   Do you have questions for the Mayor and Council member candidates? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 3:57 pm

There is a League of Women Voters Forum Scheduled for all Ramsey Candidates on Thursday, October 23rd at 7 pm at City Hall.

This is an important opportunity for the Residents to view the Candidates 'in action', for the Candidates to have the opportunity to answer resident questions and simply a great way for residents to compare the candidates. It should be know that in these forums (at least when we had the Primary Forum in August), the Candidates DO NOT receive any questions in advance. All questions come from the residents that attend the forum and fill out index cards with their question. The moderator then reads the questions and the Candidates each have a moment to answer the question. It is very 'on the spot' and a good way to get a feel of whether a Candidate is knowledgeable, forthwright and able to deal with the position they are seeking.

I think it is very important that our Candidates make themselves available to Ramsey residents by attending this Forum as Ramsey is heading into some tuff issues and seeking a new direction. We have the right to be sure our elected officials are able to represent us and handle our Community as the Citizens desire.

Are each of the Candidates all planning to attend? If not, Why not?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you have questions for the Mayor and Council member candidates?   Do you have questions for the Mayor and Council member candidates? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:54 pm

I agree Melody!

everyone should attend to get as much info out as possible. Im being told Keith Kiefer will not be allowed in the forum and Bob Ramsey isnt attending, so the mayoral discussion wont be much fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have questions for the Mayor and Council member candidates?   Do you have questions for the Mayor and Council member candidates? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you have questions for the Mayor and Council member candidates?
Page 1 of 1