Know Your Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RESULTS and video of OCT 23rd LWV Voters candidate forums

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

RESULTS and video of OCT 23rd LWV Voters candidate forums Empty
PostSubject: RESULTS and video of OCT 23rd LWV Voters candidate forums   RESULTS and video of OCT 23rd LWV Voters candidate forums Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:22 pm

I attended tonight's debate (forum), its rather glaring that the public is apathetic in regards to the city election. There were only five to six citizens attending. This is the reason for starting this site, people need to get informed on the issues.

Only two candidates attended, those were at-large council member candidates Mary Ann Kiefer and Jeff Wise. The candidates took questions from the citizens and the LWV sponsors. I thought both candidates had a good showing and Ramsey will be better represented with either.

On the question of eminent domain and private property rights both candidates leaned to the side of the the property owner being well compensated if the need arises. And both agreed that it would only be used for possible needed roads.

On the bridge to Dayton question both candidates seemed to agree that it would be welcomed.

In regards to the town center, I would like to ask each candidate to reply here and clarify their positions.

If the cable channel posts the video online I will be sure to link to it here. Otherwise Im sure they will rerun the forum over the next few weeks.

heres the video
http://www.qctv.org/beta/ms_loadvideoonly.php?id=97

Back to top Go down
https://knowyourcommunity.forumotion.net
Mary Ann Kiefer

RESULTS and video of OCT 23rd LWV Voters candidate forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: RESULTS and video of OCT 23rd LWV Voters candidate forums   RESULTS and video of OCT 23rd LWV Voters candidate forums Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:58 pm

Keith and I sat down with the CFO of Ramsey on Monday, just to clarify the situation and to separate rumor from fact. Much of what is being circulated about the financing of town center, city hall, etc.. is untrue. With the exception of 130 parking spaces in the parking ramp, the parking ramp is paid for. The debt service (principal and interest) on the municipal building is approximately 1.5 million per year (this includes the 130 parking spaces.) We estimate that to be about 6% of the annual budget, which as Ramsey town center comes on line, will be less. Bottom line, things are in better shape than most would lead you to believe. There is still time to turn this project arround. Planning is the key. As I've stated before, Ramsey needs to get the land out of litigation and into the hands of a private developer who will work with the original intent and vision for the area. Keith and I both believe we need to attract a major player similar to the fortune 500 companies, like Medtronics, to the town center. Along with that, the city needs to continue to improve the transportation situation to make the town center workable. This includes bringing a bridge accross the river from Dayton, and dealing with the railroad crossings at Armstrong and Ramsey.

Mary Ann Kiefer
Back to top Go down

RESULTS and video of OCT 23rd LWV Voters candidate forums
Page 1 of 1